Virtual Reality Supports Creationism

Videogames have taken over the world. When I lived in China I'd often visit one of the numerous internet cafes in which people eat, sleep, shower, and play videogames non-stop for days (specifically League of Legends). The first time I experienced virtual reality was in a Chinese coffee shop that specialized in VR gaming. The first game I played was the zombie shooter Brookehaven. As soon as I put on the goggles and headphones I was transported to a dark post-apocalyptic wasteland haunted by zombies. The game quickly became my new horrifying reality as my body's physiological reactions adjusted themselves away from cute coffee shop aesthetic to fight-or-flight panic. My friend played after me and quickly fell to the ground screaming in horror (of course, I recorded the scene for later use).

The rapid spread of cyberspace makes it increasingly difficult to deny that worlds can be created, and that worlds require creators to create them. Brookehaven is a horrifying world that exists because intelligent agents built it and gave other people the ability to experience it. The technological infrastructure underlying a VR world is incredibly complex. Generations of innovation in hardware and software were necessary prerequisites for modern VR experiences. And yet, how much more complicated is "base reality" than virtual reality? The reality humans have inhabited since history's dawn is exponentially more complicated than Brookehaven or any other gaming experience. If VR worlds can't exist without creators than our present world can't exist without a creator.